Thursday, September 16, 2010

Step One: Integrate Playfulness for my Child in the Decor




Ohdeedoh has some great posts about this here and here.
I am also loving the show Parenthood and so inspired by the set design.

I always wanted to just have the child's bedroom and playroom be the space for the toys and decor. I have realized at this point that is unrealistic for our living space and I need to learn to incorporate it throughout the house. So that puts me in the position to think about these things:

1. What toys do I want to invest in that I know my child likes to play with and I like looking at day in/day out....?

2. How do I want to store the toys, books, artwork, etc.?

3. What kids furniture do I want to invest in? The chairs and play table or just the chairs.....etc?

4. Observe what my child is really liking and keep that at her level while other things can be stored higher...

So these next few days I am going to try to answer these questions and post some inspiration photos in order to find my style and taste in children decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment